Wasp Nest Removal Washington DC
Fast & Easy Treatment With Nest Pest Control
30,000 Clients and Counting
Wasp Nests Can House Thousands of Wasps
They Are Very Aggressive When Defending their Nest
This bald-faced hornet nest was removed by Nest Pest Control. They are mean and nasty bugs, so call if you spot a nest.
- Are there a lot of wasps near your home?
- Are they building paper nests that can destroy your siding, paint or other surfaces?
- Have your children been stung by these insects?
- Are your pets getting too curious about the wasps nest?
- Are you concerned about murder hornets, killer bees or other wasp-like creatures?
Nest Pest Control Removes Wasps Nests in & Around Washington DC
Wasps are an interesting creature. One of the best things they do is keep down populations of other insects like flies, mosquitos and more. But when they start building nest on or around our houses, that’s when it can become a bad thing.
Most wasps in DC on houses are the paper wasps that we see all over this country. They use wood pulp mixed with their saliva to create the paper nest they use. The wasps tend to eat other insects, but if they are creating a nest on your home, you’ve got two problems.
First, you have a wasp nest on your house. Not a good thing and in dense areas like the Washington DC suburbs, this can create hazardous conditions for you, your neighbors and children.
Second, it means there is an ample food source nearby. That means bugs at your home. So now you might have a pest control problem in general, too!
We Also Remove Wasp Nests That Are Up High
We were called by a customer that was concerned about the wasps flying into their son’s room. Typically, this wouldn’t bother them, but they realized it was happening a lot. As they inspected their house, they saw a wasp nest high in the gable attached to a wall. Since their home was on a little hill, this made accessing the gable a bit more challenging for them.
They called us to see if we could remove the nest. And we did. We have access to everything from tall ladders to cherry pickers to help us in our pest control efforts.
After removing the nest, there was still a little clean up to do, but we got that taken care of pretty quickly. Since the glue that is used to stick the nest to the wall is strong, it stripped the paint a little, and the customer just repainted that section.
In the end, the nest was removed and the customer and their family are protected from wasp stings.
This wasp nest was high on the gable of this house, about 23 feet off the ground.
This is after we removed the nest, but before final cleaning. Unfortunately, no picture exists of that.
Getting stung in the face is no joke! Protect your family from terrible wasp stings by getting that wasp nest removed.
Don’t Delay, Call Us Today!
Our schedule fills up pretty quickly, so call us early to get the best time available for you.
Today’s Coupon 1
Any Pest Control Service
Must Mention Coupon 1. For all new customers!
All coupons are valid with announcement that you have seen them. However, coupons are NOT valid after “normal business hours” meaning after 6 PM or before 9 AM. We do offer emergency services 24/7, though, so if you need a pest removed at 2 AM (and we have the manpower to spare that particular night) we can accommodate you.
Did you know…
Here are 5 ways to DIY wasp control:
- You need to get rid of food sources, first. (Technically, it is wasp larvae that eat other bugs, but they are caught by adults, mashed and brought back to the hive.) So, get regular pest control treatments. This will keep cockroaches, ants, mosquitoes, and other bugs away from your home. I call that a win-win.
- Wasps also like protien-rich trash. So make sure your trash can is regularly emptied, covered and (best-practice) kept in the garage or other covered, enclosed space.
- Adult wasps eat nectar and fruit, too. So if you have fruit trees, be sure to clean up any fallen fruit so there is less food for them laying around. This also keeps other pests away, especially in fall.
- Wasps are attracted to colors like yellow, white, pink, green, and purple. They look like flowers, where they get nectar from. So minimize these colors, especially at entrances and especially with flowered shapes.
- Finally, keep outdoor water sources to a minimum. Especially stagnant water. This will keep mosquitoes down, too.
Bald-faced hornet nest. Yep, we remove these types of nests, too! Just call Nest Pest Control to get rid of stinging insect nests on your property.
We know that not all of your questions have been answered on this page about spider control in Washington DC, so here are a couple that are commonly asked. Then, call us and ask any more you have and we’ll get you educated to make a good decision.